VGA Gallery is honored to act as the custodians of haunted telephones that only dial one number. The telephones will be available for demonstration and one will be available for auction at the Nightingale microcinema on March 21, 2015. The event runs from 5-10pm. Admission is a suggested donation of $5 upon entrance.
VGA has received this important information from the original caretaker of the phones:
SOLD AS-IS, FOR CURIOSITY ONLY
This phone only dials one number correctly: 270-301-5797.
I do not recall how I arrived at that discovery. Dashiell had piercing tinnitus that kept him up nights, and sometimes I would find him come morning hunched wincing over the receiver, dialing away, unsystematic and helpless. Maybe he came across it during one of those nights? I really don't remember. A telephone that dials only one number is likely not useful to very many people. To avoid disappointment, please DO NOT place a bid on this telephone if you intend it for any of the following uses:
- Day-to-day telephone usage -- as I have said, it only dials one number.
- Communicating with the dead -- the telephone is not suitable for this purpose.
- To dissect for curiosity -- I have inspected the phone, and its bowels are unremarkable.
- Repair and resale -- I feel that it would be dishonest to suggest this phone can be repaired.
I can recommend that you buy this telephone for:
1. Holding the receiver to your ear to listen to the dial tone and reflect.
thank you for reading,
- your dot
At 7pm the special live auction program will commence and consist of:
- Live demonstrations performed by Cardboard Computer
- The auction of a wierd, haunted telephone, administered by VGA Gallery
- A grand finale performed by musician Ben Babbit.
@ The Nightingale, 1084 N. Milwaukee, Chicago, IL 60642.