Gabriele Brombin - 00
Gabriele Brombin - 00
In FOTONICA, auteur game studio Santa Ragione reaped huge rewards of intensity from a super-focused study of motion, single-point perspective, and one-button gameplay. Invoking architectural wireframes, aesthetics of 1970’s early computing, and early 20th Century modernist design, FOTONICA can leave a player joyously breathless and exhausted simply from holding the space bar. Players of FOTONICA dash down a single vector into and endless horizon, jumping and landing in order to not fall into a inviting but frustrating void below. Overall, the aesthetic and simple interaction transpose the conventional endless runner into a impossible and irresistible hyper-modern landscape.
Like his work for Santa Ragione’s Mirrormoon EP, Gabriele Brombin’s concept art for FOTONICA blends mid-century science fiction and comic book line drawing into sharp minimalism. Brombin’s geometic spaces and autonomous athletic figures form the visual base of the the game’s experience: staying focused and running until the world disapears. Unlike the game, where the perspective is entirely fixed to the runner’s point of view, the FOTONICA prints allow offer an altogether different perspective: a single moment of the impossibly fast performance is dramatically fixed to the depleting horizon forever. Still, even when time is frozen the figure finds a way to travel outside of its own body and through space. This particular piece, with the appropriately abstract and minimal title 00, measures 22x34 inches unframed and a cropped framed version is also available at 20 x 30 inches.
- Poster: $35 - 18 x 24 inch unframed matte poster
- White Framed Poster: $85 18 x 24 inch white framed matte poster (US shipping only)
- Black Framed Poster: $85 18 x 24 inch black framed matte poster (US shipping only)
- Unframed Giclee: $160 - 22 x 24 inch unframed premium giclee (comes with hand-numbered and signed certificate of authenticity, edition of 20)
- Framed Giclee: $300 - 20 x 30 inch framed, lightly cropped, giclee: (comes with hand-numbered and signed certificate of authenticity, edition of 20)